Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

ink system failed

Product Name: HP Photosmart C5180 all in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I shut down my printer to go one vacation and when I came home and turned it on, I got the message the ink system failed. In order to print something I have to turn printer off and then on again. This happens everytime I go to print something.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (46 Views)

Re: ink system failed

@mike197

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting ink system failure error. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave your printer connected to the network.

4. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

5. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

6. Wait at least 60 seconds.

7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

9. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

10. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

11. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

12. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

13. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.

14. Try to print.

Click here and refer the document for more assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation