Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions, Rainbow 7000, I tried all the suggestions testing the ink cartridges through the setup menu. My setup menu would not come up even after holding the button down at start-up. I will try purchasing new cartridges and see if this solves the problem. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if that works.

HP Recommended

Hello bohlcore and R777,

Could you please let me know which model of Officejet 6500 you are working with? I posted the list here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/ink-system-failure-officejet-6500/...

Both bohlcore and R777,

Could you please respond to me and let me know if it would be alright with you both if I send you a private message each with another step to try if your issues are still not resolved?

Thanks!:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have model e709n. It's fine if you want to private message me...any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
HP Recommended

Hello bohlcore,

I have sent you a private message. You can view the message by clicking on the envelope icon beside your user name at the top right side of this page.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions- I did try them but it did not clear the errror.  I talked to tech support who advised that my printer needs to be replaced and offered me an upgrade "deal".  A check on Amazon revealed that I can get the printer they have offered me for the same price on Amazon, so its no special offer.  Further reading on Amazon revealed that the printer they are offering has horrible reviews!  Given that this printer was only occasionally used and is now not functioning, I think I'll be shopping around to see what company's printers have the best reputation. 

HP Recommended

I am looking for a solution to this "ink system failure". My printer was working and all of a sudden this message appeared and asked me to turn the printer off and then on. I have done that several tmes but nothing happens.

HP Recommended

my printer stopped printing black. I followed instructions to soak 10 min in hot water, dry and reinstall. Now my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n comes up ink system failure, turn off then on. this does not cause the printer to do anything. help

HP Recommended

Hi @Ciara_B ,

Could you assist extractionman in the printing issues

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended
I need a plan
HP Recommended

@extractionman

Are you still having an issue with Ink System Failure?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.