Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Instant Ink but the Cyan cartridge is not working properly. It is showing an almost full cartridge but is not printing. I've cleaned the print heads only to get one maybe 2 pages before I have to do that again. This is frustrating. I really need this to work correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @TNeil,

Thanks for the reply.

I do apologize, I see that I mentioned the wrong cartridge in my response, however, the troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue is specific to your issue. 

As per for documentation the issue points to the built-in printhead, rather than the cartridge, however, if you insist I'm more than willing to send you a replacement. 

Please send me private message with your account number or email address for your Instant Ink account. Also, confirm that the

address on your account is correct.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you will need to reach out to HP Phone Support for hardware replacement options. 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @TNeil,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing issues printing in black on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I noticed that you performed the printhead cleaning which seemed to resolve it temporarily. It is not uncommon for the printhead to become clogged and need to be cleaned several times to restore print quality.

If the issue happens again, please try the steps within this guide:

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This appears to be a basic answer for any time someone has an issue with an ink cartridge. It was not BLACK but CYAN that I had an issue with. I understand the specific color doesn't really matter but at least respond appropriately.

It is clear that I will have to continue to clean the print heads until they are empty enough to trigger a replacement from my instant ink account. Honestly, I feel there should be replacements here alread because sometimes it is the ink cartridge that is the issue. HPs attached support says that if I clean the print heads and it is still an issue that it MUST be the printer is just bogus. Print cartridges sometimes are just faulty.

However, I will continue to clean the heads until Instant Ink sends me a new one. It shouldn't be long now anyway. I just won't print anything of worth until that happens. 

HP Recommended

Hello @TNeil,

Thanks for the reply.

I do apologize, I see that I mentioned the wrong cartridge in my response, however, the troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue is specific to your issue. 

As per for documentation the issue points to the built-in printhead, rather than the cartridge, however, if you insist I'm more than willing to send you a replacement. 

Please send me private message with your account number or email address for your Instant Ink account. Also, confirm that the

address on your account is correct.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you will need to reach out to HP Phone Support for hardware replacement options. 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

A new printer cartridge has arrived. Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.