Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello,

I have an HP Envy 5540 printer which has recently started to give me issues. When I try to print from my laptop (Aspire 5 running Windows 10 S), instead of printing I get an error message that pops up that says User Intervention is required and opens up the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter is not able to find any issues, but the docs stay in my printer queue and don't print. I know there is no issue with the printer itself since I am able to print from my phone/ipad just fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software on the laptop and that doesn't seem to help. Would appreciate if anyone had a suggestion what else can be the issue.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ltlprint11 A User Intervention Required message displays on the computer, and the printer does not print. The issue might be caused by a printer error condition, corrupted print jobs, or a weak printer wireless connection.

Step 1: Check for blinking lights or error messages

Check the printer control panel for any blinking lights or error messages.

• If the printer control panel does not have any blinking lights or error messages, skip to the next step.

• If the printer control panel has blinking lights or error messages, clear the error. For additional information for further troubleshooting, go to HP Support, type your printer model, and then search for 'blinking lights' or the specific error message that displays on the printer control panel.

Try to print. If the issues persist, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer hardware and connection issues.

Read and respond to the screens in HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically find and fix any printer problem. After you have finished using HP Print and Scan Doctor, try to print.

If the issues persist, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.