08-30-2019 02:45 PM
When I send a document to the printer from my Mac, the printer will not print but shows the message looking for printer. I have unhooked the router and printer to no avail and deleted the printer and added it back with no avail. How do I get the Mac to find the printer?
09-02-2019 11:48 AM
@Mandaminnow, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
- Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
- The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.
- You can press and hold option-click the WiFi icon and then use shift-command-5 to take the screenshot and share it in your next post. Press the space bar when the icon turns into a camera.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on MAC
Click here to know how.
On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network setup > Restore Network Settings
Go back to Network setup > Wireless settings > Wireless setup wizard. Choose your wireless network and put in the password.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee