08-12-2017 12:32 PM
sever connection error in window. Problem connecting to server. I can print from desktop but not able to copy or scan
08-13-2017 04:56 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with copying and scanning. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you copy both from the flat bed and the document feeder?
- Did you hard reset the PC and connect it directly to a wall outlet?
For now please try these steps:
- Please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: http://hp.care/2uT35Fw and follow only step 1for performing a hard reset.
- Then check if the scanner glass bulb glows. If it does please make 1 copy each from the flat bed and the document feeder without any communication from the computer.
- If it fails to copy, then the printer has a hardware issue and needs to be upgraded by calling HP phone support.
- Before that please try all the steps to try and resolve copy quality issues from this link: http://hp.care/2uT1Nun If it still does not fix it, please follow these steps to contact HP phone support.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead.
I am an HP Employee