Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

product #CQ762A- stopped printing black.- changed ink cartridge; auto cleaned printhead; performed failed alignment; please tell me how to remove printhead for manual cleaning. There is no latch that i can find and no info on this in users manual. Thank you

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you're having an issue cleaning the print head manually. The reason there isn't a latch on the print head is because the newer unit such as yours does not have replaceable print heads. 

The only way to clean the print head manually is to take the cartridges out and clean the metal chip on the bottom of the cartridge. 

Other than that, you can only clean the print head through the front panel of the printer. You can also follow this document which should guide you through a couple of steps on how to resolve this issue.

HP Recommended

Hey thinric59,

The printhead in the Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One is a nonremovable printhead that is built into the printer.  If you have performed all the troubleshooting in the document below, then I would checking on the warranty status of the printer.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

To check the warranty status of the printer click here.  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Have a look in this thread it may help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Photosmart-6510-not-printing-in-black/td-p/13...

Good luck, a Deep Clean seems to help according to the thread.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello thinric59,

This product does not have a removable Print Head. I realize you have already tried a few steps to troubleshoot, however please take a peak at this page and see if any of the additional troubleshooting steps help resolve the issue.

ErikP

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended
I have hardly use this printer since I bought it 20 months ago. I saw that there are many complaints about this problem with this model. with this poor example of HP dependability I think I will go to another brand for my next printer. thank you anyway for your assistance.
HP Recommended

No problem. Let us know if you need anything else.

HP Recommended

Been trying to get the black ink cartridge to print with no luch.  Tried now 3 cartridges all HP brand.  Already cleaned print cartridge and aligned with no luck.  The cartridge vent is not plugged.  Warranty expired 1-1-13 so out of luck there.  Printer is not used that often and clean on the inside.

HP Recommended

@Scott_WI, please check your private message inbox.

HP Recommended

Don't see the steps to perform the full reset.

Scott

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.