Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows XP

How can I print multiple images of one picture, e.g. passport photos, on one sheet of paper?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To print multiple copies of an image in HP Photo Creations, set the Number of Copies menu to the number of copies you want. You can select 1–10 copies by clicking the triangle, or type a number directly.

In this screenshot, we're about to print 11 copies of a photo on an 8½x11 sheet.

Open the Advanced Settings section for more options, such as removing the spacing between photos.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

Multi-up Copies HP Photo Creations

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
You use your photo editing software to cut and paste multiple images on one page. When done you can print that one page. Microsoft Word will work.
HP Recommended

The software for my previous (non-HP) printer offered this in a printing utility that made it easy. HP Creations could offer this, but doesn't. Using Word or similar, I have to make sure that the image size and page layout are correct.

One step forward, two steps back, I guess.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can use HP Photo Creations to print. It allows you to print many photos on a same sheet. I know some other printers you can do in 4 or 5 clicks.

From HP Photo Creations, just Start with the Prints grid and use Multi prints.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, but I can't see a way to select the same image to print more than once on multiple images.

Is there a way?

HP Recommended

@HarlingHero

You can try using Windows Photo Viewer -- not sure what condition the program is in for XP; later versions of Windows allow you to do something similar to what I believe you want.

Windows Photo Viewer:

Dragon_DR1_Paint_1.jpg

If you need an exact copy of the file in its original size and shape, use Paint and print the single photo at its actual size.  If you want more than one of the photos on a sheet of paper (again, using Paint), you will have to open the original photo in Paint > extend the background of the paint surface > Paste-from another copy of the photo > slide it into place next to the first > Repeat...

Save that "multiple photo sheet" under a new name..

Example:

Dragon_DR1_Paint_2.jpg

From what I recall, Photo Creations (free version) may still support printing passport photos -- I suspect the program still works in XP.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

To print multiple copies of an image in HP Photo Creations, set the Number of Copies menu to the number of copies you want. You can select 1–10 copies by clicking the triangle, or type a number directly.

In this screenshot, we're about to print 11 copies of a photo on an 8½x11 sheet.

Open the Advanced Settings section for more options, such as removing the spacing between photos.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

Multi-up Copies HP Photo Creations

HP Recommended

Thank you.

That is progress, but how can I print images smaller than 4 x 6. which is the smallest size offered?

HP Recommended

Found the solution - I've set image scaling to 25% in the advanced settings.

Not the most intuitive software I've ever used, but thanks to all who responded.

HP Recommended

Hi HarlingHero.

Yes, you can control the print size in HP Photo Creations by adjusting the combination of Image Size under Settings and Image Scaling under Advanced Settings. The preview will show the final dimensions of each image.

In my screenshot above, Image Size is 4x6 and Image Scaling (not shown) is 50%, so the preview shows the final images will be 2x3 inches. (Scaling refers to width, not area.)

By setting Image Size to 4x6 inches (10x15cm), Paper Size to A4, and Image Scaling to 25%, I get images that are 1x1.5 inches (2.5x3.8cm). In the example below, I also set Images per Page to Maximum and Grid Spacing to None to pack 60 images on one page. With Images per Page set to Grid (which makes it easier to cut them out), I got 55 images on one page.

We don't offer a specific passport size (passport standards vary per country), so you may need to trim the final photo.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

60 images on A4 in HP Photo Creations

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.