Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The product is connecting to the PC wirelessly through my home network. I have updated all software and printer firmware and i just get an error state whenever i try to print a document. The HP Scan and Print doctor cannot fix it either... Help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Amicus21

Let's uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software and the Firmware

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software and the Firmware from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I carried out your suggested instructions but am still getting the same error message when i try to print a document. I can print direct from my Ipad and the printer works fine when i send a document to it by email. Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

@Amicus21

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did as you suggested and it has made no difference, when i attempted to print the test page i got an error message saying that it could not print as before... 

HP Recommended

@Amicus21

Create a new User Account on your PC and try installing the printer

Create a local user account-

• Select the Start button, select Settings  > Accounts and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
  • Select Add someone else to this PC.
  • Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
  • Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Now, install the printer and then try printing.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI,

Thank you for your continued interest and assistance. I created an new account in the manner you suggested then installed the printer, still got the error and it could not print the test page but can print an internal test page, as it can from my Ipad and via email. Just not the PC... 

HP Recommended

@Amicus21

Try printing from HP Smart App and let me know if that works

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI KT,

Tried to print a pdf from HP Smart and got the same error.. Crazy ain't it?

HP Recommended

@Amicus21

This is strange. Since we have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps, this issue might require remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.