Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520

My HP Envy 4520 printer is taking 8 minutes to print a page from the flatbed.  The pages are very accurate and excellent quality.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lisybear
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Check the scanner bar functionality: Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon to start a copy job. If the scanner light does not move or illuminate, the scanner mechanism requires servicing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked the scanner bar, it is moving and it was lit up but it didn't seem very bright..  Should it be Bright?

HP Recommended

@Lisybear

• Have you tried printing using a computer instead of a scanner bed?
  • How is the speed while printing from a computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, and it works fine.  The only issue seems to be printing from the flatbed.  Also, I have to choose the paper size every

time I print, because it keeps going to 4 x 6 after each print job.

HP Recommended

@Lisybear

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Printer Reset

1. Press the Power button to turn the Printer On. 

2.Press BL, BL, BL, BL Buttons, in sequence.  

3.Touch Support Menu.  

4. Select Reset Menu and Touch OK.  

5. Select Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK.  

6. Wait for the unit to Power Down/Turn Off.  

7. Press the Power button to turn the Printer On. 

Next step, let's try firmware update, click here to download the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.