Did you mean: 
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my envy 5530 wont print pictures

envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My envy 5530 wont print pics - simpluy sucks in the photo paper, makes printing noises but nothing happens. I lift lid and paper is there with ink on edge. 

I am using windows 10

I am using HP glossy printer paper supplied with your ink

I have also tried printing directly from memory card and same thing happens

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 403 697
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @veryhackedoff,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with printing photos from your Windows 10 PC to your Envy 5530 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, make sure the photo paper is loaded in the tray with the glossy side down. If the glossy side was down, try printing a photo on plain paper and let me know if you have the same issues. Also, please let me know how the printer is connected to your PC. Once I know this I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help please!  My Envy 5530 printer just wont print photos. I have looked on other forum threads and on the internet but havent found a resolution.  Has anyone managed to sort this issue and how?  I am at the stage where I want to bin the printer and get another one from a different manufacturer  :Crying: 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi _ I had the same issue. The only way I have been sucessful is by putting the memory card directly into the printer and printing from that. it jusst wont do it through windows 10. 😞

Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your advice.  I'll dig out a memory stick and see if this works.  Ridiculous that it won't work as it should - its not the dark ages! So frustrating..............:smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
13 10 1 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its not just windows 10 that will not print photos. I am seeing the exactly the same issue with a debain linux machine running HPLIP 3.17.11.  I can print perfectly using plain paper but as soon as I switch to photo paper, I have a problem. The photo paper feeds fine and the printer works really hard but all I get is a blank photo with smudges on the back. Did you guys send out a bad batch of ink? In my view this is not a paper feeding issue; the photo paper feeds fine - just nothing prints onto it.

Thanks

John T.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation