Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

went thru process of cleaning print heads and changed out the cartidge with a new hp cartidge.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@curt-1953

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy in color?

The printhead could be clogged, and you might need to clean the printhead several times to restore print quality. Use an automated tool from the printer control panel to clean the printhead.

CAUTION: 

Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are not installed. To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead or that can damage the ink system, always replace ink cartridges as soon as possible, and always turn off the printer using the Power button.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon .

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Printer Maintenance, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

4. Touch Clean Printhead.

A test page prints.

5. Examine the test page.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. If necessary, repeat these steps for the third cleaning cycle.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

• If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostics Page to evaluate the print quality. You can use this information to help to troubleshoot print quality issues such as broken lines, faded or missing colors, and streaks.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon .The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Reports, and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Print Quality Report. The printer prints the report.

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic Page.

Let me know if you see any color on this report.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/docum...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have completed all diagnostics on my printer and it will not print blue.

Only blue, all other colours print and are aligned.

The green colour required prints in yellow, I presume because the blue is not printing.

Please help, This is bizarre.

HP Recommended

Hi Betty 0610, I have done everything per your recommendations and repeated the steps with two different blue cartridges.  I am running Windows 10 64bit.  The colour result for blue keeps coming back a burnt orange.  What should I do to correct this problem?  Thanks, Scott. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.