Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp2540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my new cartridge is printing what should be green  on the screen but it comes out in blue, ive done alignment and test pages, i cant seem to make any difference. please help. im not 100% sure if my windows 10 is 32 or 64, i didnt know there was a difference

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jam343

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the area around the ink nozzles

1. Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Clean sheets of paper

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the print cartridges)

CAUTION: 

Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the area. These can damage the cartridge or the printer.

2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

3. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Image: Open the cartridge access door
  4. Lightly press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.

Figure : Remove the cartridge

Image: Remove the cartridge
       CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Do not touch the contacts or nozzles

Image: Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
  5. Place the cartridge on a piece of paper with the ink nozzles facing up.

6. Lightly moisten a clean, foam-rubber swab with distilled water.

7. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

Figure : Clean the area around the ink nozzle

Image: The ink nozzle and cartridge contacts

Nozzle plate - DO NOT CLEAN
    2. Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean

3. Cartridge contacts - DO NOT CLEAN

8. Either let the cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.

9. Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its slot. Make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot.

• The tri-color cartridge () goes in the slot on the left.

• The black cartridge () goes in the slot on the right.

Figure : Insert the cartridge into the slot

Image: Insert the cartridge
  10. Push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.

Figure : Push the cartridge into the slot

Image: Push the cartridge into the slot
  11. Repeat these steps to clean the area surrounding the ink nozzle on the other cartridge.

12. Close the cartridge access door.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.