cancel
BAS10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my photo smart d110a won't print from my apple computer--stopped working a couple of days ago.

macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP Photosmart  D110a won't print from my apple computer or iPhone .  Stopped printing a couple of days ago. I have tried the online support suggestion and my wifi is connected and working. Just need to talk to someone -need a phone number.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,838 9,667 652 630
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my photo smart d110a won't print from my apple computer--stopped working a couple of days ago.

@BAS10

I would like to assist and sort this out

Are you able to make Photocopies?

Ensure the Printer Firmware is up to date. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Please check these details

- Ensure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
-Note:- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. Do not connect it to 5 GHz Network incase your Router supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, then the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Please check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. this is very important

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Also check for WiFi interference and perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display or by printing a Network Configuration Page

The Ping Test will let us know if the Mac and Printer are communicating

Keep me posted 😋

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
BAS10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes my printer can still make copies.  It says it cannot connect to the server.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,499 2,310 165 185
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BAS10

This seems like a Wireless connectivity issue. Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.

The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.

2. Touch the Setup icon.

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Now from your MAC, perform a PING test to check the connectivity

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss. Share the results.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation