Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP printer Officejet 4622 does not have an ink cartridge latch handle, therefore I cannot clean the printhead. The error Oxc19a0042 is still on the display screen. I have turned the printer off and on several times and installed new HP ink cartridges, but nothing has changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey ModelT, I am glad the trade in option helped resolve the issue. Could you please hit the "Accept as Solution" button on my last post so others here can find our thread too.

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 😄

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Forums @ModelT,

I saw your post about the "Ink System Failure 0x" error message you are noticing on your Officejet 4622, and I wanted to reply with my own suggestions to help you. Your printer does not have a removable printhead, so you will not be able to remove it to clean it. However, check out the link below and try all of the steps you can do to try to recover from the error. If the steps do not resolve the problem, you can contact HP directly to see about a replacement printer or a trade in.

Printhead Problem, Ink System Failure, '0x...' Error Displays

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Hit the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Have a great day:D

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I contacted HP Support and was told that my printer could not be repaired. I was offered a new printer for a reduced price. It will be shipped to me next week.

HP Recommended

Hey ModelT, I am glad the trade in option helped resolve the issue. Could you please hit the "Accept as Solution" button on my last post so others here can find our thread too.

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 😄

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.