Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)
Accepted Solution

new 8720 can not duplex print

Product Name: 8720

Attempted to print report and no choices were presented to choose 2 side printing.  Pls advise what needs to be reinstalled to correct.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: new 8720 can not duplex print

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  What driver settings for color and media type?  Duplex printing is not available if photo or transparency media are selected, and may not be an option if Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only is selected.

In recent versions of Windows you could go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet Pro 8720, select Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options, set the Duplex Unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  What driver settings for color and media type?  Duplex printing is not available if photo or transparency media are selected, and may not be an option if Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only is selected.

In recent versions of Windows you could go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet Pro 8720, select Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options, set the Duplex Unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Thnax... advise was helpful...originally I made wrong selection of 8720 ( Fax)  rather than just 8720.  Can duplex now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation