Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5745
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just purchased HP 62XXL Ink Cartridge at Costco that lists my printer HP OfficeJet 5745

It is much larger that the XL and I doesn't seem to be compatible with my printer.  

How do I install it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It does look like a genuine HP supply.

I would assume it should be inserted in the same way as an HP Instant Ink cartridge is inserted, where the front part of the cartridge would stand out to the front of the printer.

See below support video as an example:

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/3621791090001/installing-and-using-hp-instant-ink-...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Has 62 ink cartridges or 62 XL print cartridges, HP does not manufacture any HP 62XXL cartridge...

Are these genuine HP cartridges or 3rd party?

Can you include a picture of your cartridge with its label?

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.  Here is a picture of package and cartridge I purchased from Costco yesterday.IMG_20200207_120248714.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @bprintv 

Please make sure your printer firmware is up to date and see if that may make any difference:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5740-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617253/model/687...

If you are not able to update the firmware, remove the black cartridge and update the firmware with only tri-color cartridge installed in the printer to bypass the error start

Once updating the latest firmware, install the cartridge again and check for any difference.

If the same persists, return with the cartridge to Costco to send it to HP and claim its warranty, the cartridge might be damaged.

HP Recommended

I can not even put it in.  Is it an authorized product?  I didn't want to push too hard and damage my printer.

It is much larger that the prior cartridges I have.

HP Recommended

It does look like a genuine HP supply.

I would assume it should be inserted in the same way as an HP Instant Ink cartridge is inserted, where the front part of the cartridge would stand out to the front of the printer.

See below support video as an example:

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/3621791090001/installing-and-using-hp-instant-ink-...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

It's in.  Thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.