Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (66 Views)

new original HP XL ink cartridge not seen by printer....printer does not print any color. All new

Product Name: HP Photosmart 7525 all in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista

I have a photosmart 7525 HP all in one....it has worked wonderfully.  I had to shut it off due to hurricane Irma which has now past. Turned printer back on and did tests....all is ok and it shows all ink levels full (installed all new cartridges just recently).  However doing an ink level print out it is not showing the XL black cartridge and the printer is not printing a document in color...can barely see it.

The colors are vibrant when I print an ink report except for the one cartridge not showing any color at all.

Printer has worked just fine before I shut it off.    Very frustrated....I hope someone can help!  Thank you...LadySmith

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (47 Views)

Re: new original HP XL ink cartridge not seen by printer....printer does not print any color. All...

[ Edited ]

Hi @LadySmith,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance with printing as a specific color is not getting printed after a hurricane. I will be really glad to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. )

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you make copies directly from the printer and check if it copies correctly?

It could be a possible hardware issue with the printer as the printer’s hardware may have been affected by this hurricane hit. For now, try these steps:

• Try making 2 copies in color directly from the printer and check if it copies all colors correctly.
  • If it misses that specific color, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2iBCGv1 for troubleshooting missing color issues.
  • If the issue continues then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced or upgraded, or the XL cartridge replaced as it has a hardware issue. It could be this one cartridge that is faulty or the printer's hardware that has gone bad.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation