Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I was wireless printing using a apple airport via a Netopia router, I've just replaced the Netopia with a new SKY hub and when I reconnected the Apple airport all wireless devices worked bar my HP Photosmart 6510 B211a, I've recheck the printer wireless setting and its stating that I'm connected yet the printer is not found when I try printing from a devise, I've reset up the wireless connection using the wizard but it still won't print, any suggestions?
HP Recommended
Issue resolved, for some strange reason the IP address was not correct and when I changed it in setting-(pagedown) IP setting - automatic ,it changed the address and the wireless function was restored
HP Recommended
Installed a new router. Computer now says the printer is offline. Followed the setup, network etc.. And that hasn't worked. Any suggestions?
HP Recommended

I downloaded software from HP Software and Drivers (probably best to forget the CD). When the dialogue box comes up, there is an option for USB to Wireless. Ensure printer is connected via USB, click the option, wait until it says everything is complete and cable can be disconnected before disconnecting USB. It will find the new router and connect. It encountered an error whilst doing this, but also found and fixed the error. Now works OK.

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded my bell internet and received a new router, and my printer and scanner will not work consitently. I updated the IP address and it works for a while then it doesn't???

HP Recommended

@GE77 wrote:

I recently upgraded my bell internet and received a new router, and my printer and scanner will not work consitently. I updated the IP address and it works for a while then it doesn't???

Unfortunately you have given no data here.

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model -

Complete and Detailed Problem Description -

Operating System of computer (including service pack revision) -

Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless? -

Make and model of router and modem? -

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? 

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –

Power off printer and router. Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer. Does it connect to the router now? Do you have a valid IP address?

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 6480 was already connected to my wireless motorola surfboard SBG6580...after I believe it may have been hacked because couldnt access it one day..I decided to make it private and changed the name and removed the SSID from being broadcasting. Ever since I did that, the printer cant contact the network...or should i say cant communicate with my Pc..this happened before about three years ago...been a while since i pinged, so forgot how to do that because I cant print out my IP address at the moment...any suggestions...it also says mac filter maybe on but it isnt...set firewall to low to allow all ports but still nothing...reset printer to default settings...still nothing..unplugged for five minutes and everthing...IM lost ..please help..TWC is my cable company but it seems to be printer...

HP Recommended
Never disable SSID broadcast. Turn it back on.
HP Recommended

well..someone back in 2013 was able to hack my wireless network and cablevision suggested i not broadcast my SSID...they cant hack it if they dont know the SSID...i believe the same thing happend on MOnday and thats why i stopped broadcasting it..bt what you need to realize is that my printer has always been able to connect to my wireless network privately...error message that comes up when trying to reconfigure wireless network is that the mac filtering must be on but it isnt or that the printer itself may be having network issues within itself which it also had back in 2011/2012...so i do believe it is the printer and not my wireless network...any suggestions if it is the printer itself...because the last time i had this issue...i had to ping my IP in order to fix the issue..problem is..no ink for me to print out my IP address in order to ping it..

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.