08-14-2019 02:13 PM
Hi, as topic says. printer is not printing in colour, i have tried re-installing the software on my PC but that did not help, there is no colour choice in printing preference, tried restarting both PC and printer but did not help. printer can make a colour photocopies, but refuses to use colour printing when printing from PC
08-17-2019 12:23 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
If that prints in color, perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver.
Click here to download the driver.
Update the printer firmware
Refer this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here
Once you install the printer, change the bellow settings to print in color.
- Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
- Make your choices, and then click OK.
- Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee