Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055 all in one

Just bought a new floor model 5055 printer from Staples missing it's setup ink cartridges, from what the screen displays I need the setup carts.  I Have invested over $150  in new (HP certified) cartridges and the printer, just to find out I require these “Setup Cartridge” before I can use this printer

I have read that these are not sold separately and are required for setup. I also read that if not supplied to return unit. I did see in an earlier post that someone lost one of these Setup cartridges and was able to bypass this option with a power on reset of some sort (which was emailed and not in post - understandable). Tried the “Unplug under power, Hold Power switch in for 15 sec, replace power”. No luck.  Please is there any way to bypass this test so I may use my new printer? Please help. thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tessaconley

Hi there, thank you for contacting the HP Support Community. I have read your post regarding the "Setup Ink Cartridge" and I'd be glad to assist you here.

I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know how that goes.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@nala80

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand there's an issue with the "Setup ink".

Don't worry, I'm here to help! I have sent you a private message with the next course of action. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI, 

Im having the same problem. Purchased  the envy with no set up cartridges. Can you assist me in getting my printer going as school starts on Monday. Id really appreciate your assistance. Thanks

HP Recommended

can you please help me with this issue as well

email is tssperez@gmail.com

HP Recommended

@tessaconley

Hi there, thank you for contacting the HP Support Community. I have read your post regarding the "Setup Ink Cartridge" and I'd be glad to assist you here.

I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Can someone please provide the actualy solution.

HP Recommended

@fred102102

Hi there, thank you for posting on HP Support Community. I'd be happy to help. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer to bypass the setup ink. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi i just bought this from amazon and it came with out the setup cartridge for envy 5055 i need assistance how to make this work

HP Recommended

Hi @Hassan786

Welcome to the HP Community. Do you have an HP Envy 5055 printer as well? If yes, I have sent you a Private Message with the steps to bypass the setup ink cartridge error.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

If you have a different printer, may I have the exact model name? Click here for steps on finding the information we need. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, could you please help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.