Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

my deskjet 2600 is not printing down to the bottom of the page it's cutting off the last inch or so,  ie numbered pages and foot notes any idea as to why? thank you. 🙄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I do not have a Chromebook, but I installed a virtual machine version to try.  It appears you can do the following:  after the printer is set up go to Print, More Settings, set the paper size to A4.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The minimum margins for the Deskjet 2600 series printers are as follows with A4 size paper:

Minimum print margin, top (A4)
3 mm
Minimum print margin, bottom (A4)
12.7 mm
Minimum print margin, left (A4)
3 mm
Minimum print margin, right (A4)
3 mm

If you are in the UK and the printer is cutting off the last inch it may be that you are using A4 paper while the printer driver settings indicate Letter size.  Check the settings in the driver.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your reply . where do I find the set up for the printer? I cannot download the drivers to set it up as I am using a chromebook laptop and there are no drivers for it.

HP Recommended

I do not have a Chromebook, but I installed a virtual machine version to try.  It appears you can do the following:  after the printer is set up go to Print, More Settings, set the paper size to A4.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

thank you I will try this later, off to work now. 👍

HP Recommended

thank you so much for your help worked a treat 👍

HP Recommended

I am glad I could help resolve your issue. 

I always consider it a good day when I learn something new, and your post gave me an excuse to get a virtual machine Chromebook running.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.