Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I send documents to print, but the do not print and do not show up in the queue.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with printing. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you run the print and scan doctor and check if that fixes the issue?
  • Did this happen after a recent software or Windows update?

For a start please follow these steps:

Please run the print and scan doctor  from here http://hp.care/2syjvp6;

and check if the issue gets resolved. If it does not then uninstall the printer software completely by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

• Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2sEOE6U  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. It will definitely fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nothing shows up in my Officejet Pro 8620 print que.  I'm using wireless printing. The HP Print Doctor says everything is fine.  The printer shows it's connected.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times using the method suggested: removing the printer from devices, removing temporary files, etc.  Nothing works.  This just happened today.  Before today, everything was working fine.  I have turned off my router and turned it back on. Nothing has worked.

HP Recommended

Hi @Ilioleloni,

reviewed the post comprehensively and am really glad for you that the computer is back up and running.:) You've displayed tremendous patience, great skills and terrific resolve to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

Please try the following steps:

• Please uninstall the printer drivers again following the steps provided.
  • Then create a new local user administrator account from this link: http://hp.care/2rZfJBC
  • Later update the printer's firmware via a USB cable or directly from the printer from the same link mentioned in my previous post for downloading the latest drivers from the new User account
  • This link shows you how to update the printer's firmware: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD
  • Then reinstall the full feature software from the same link from my previous post and install it using the new user account.and check if the issue gets resolved. Ith should do the trick for you.
  • Otherwise, please use the built-in drivers in Windows and install it from the new user account using the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2o3acvH

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can print on my Officejet Pro 8620 from my Samsung-SM-G930V phone.  I have tried all of your suggestions and still nothing shows up in the print que when I try to print from my computer.  So, the problem must be with the computer, not with the printer.  Do you have any suggestions on where I can look on the computer to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @Ilioleloni,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Just wanted to check how is the printer connected? USB/Wireless

I would suggest here is to assign a manual IP address and create a TCP/IP port which should help to resolve this issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p  

Creating a TCP?IP Port:

1. Search Windows for devices, and then select “Devices and Printers” in the list of results
  2. Right-click the name of your printer, and then select Printer Properties.
  3. Click the Ports tab, Click on “Add port” select “Standard TCP/IP Port” and click “New Port”
  4. Click next on Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard, enter the printer IP Address and click next and then “OK”
  5. Now under the “Ports” tab you will find the new port with the printer IP address, click “Apply” and “OK”.
  6. Restart the computer.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, do let me know.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Changing the port didn't help.  However, when I use the Windows trouble shooter it tells me the HP Officejet Pro 8620 doesn't have a driver.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers from the HP website multiple times.  Do you have any suggestions on how I install the driver so Windows 10 knows it has one?  I do want to say that the printer was working perfectly until one day it didn't.  I've been out of town for a week so I'm just getting back to trying to fix it.

HP Recommended

Dell laptop.  Nothing in print queue.  No error messages.  Printer icon shows 0 documents in queue.   Thanks

for the help.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.