01-02-2020 10:00 AM
I can print wirelessly with AirPrint on my iPhone anytime but not with my win10 laptop. I have to restart the printer to do so.
01-04-2020 02:28 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps:
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Install the printer using TCP/IP port
1) Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the wireless icon at the bottom of the printer screen
2) Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
3) Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
4) Follow the instructions to add a new port.
5) Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee