Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
pavillion DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

uninstalled 3833 printer, than reinstalled , after that there the problem in subject.

Not having the COLOR option it's not possible to print colour. In HP site there is only one basic driver OJ3830_Basicx64 _1119 and  OJ3830_Full_BackPack_1119, the problem is the same with both.

Printer is connected in Wi_Fi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At last, after many hours of work I succeded to configure the printer with all options. Firse I installed as USB connected and in this case all is ok. Then I disconnected usb cable and tried to add a printer Wi-Fi connected, using HP printer and scan doctor, reinstallations and so on, I'm not able to say exact steps. Now problem is solved

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go to printer properties> ports tab

and check as to what port is being used

if the port is wsd then check for any standard TCP/IP port with the printer IP

if not create a standard TCP/IP port with the printer IP

and try printing.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I don't think that modifing the port will add the "color" options , after many time i worked on this problem I suspend for a while,

anyway thak for the suggestion

HP Recommended

Hi,

recently we did find that using the WSD port were causing the print drivers to loose some options.

that why to isolate and check has suggested the steps.

Anyways did you get the issue resolved or is it still persisting?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I'try to change port, I don't know how to do it, do a research in google

HP Recommended

Hi,

First check if you have a standard TCP/IP port with the printer IP address.

if yes then select that port 

if you dont have a Standard TCP/IP port with the printer IP then add a new port
(you need to have the printer IP handy)
Add port>
standard TCP/IP port
new port
click next on the wizard
put the printer IP address and complete the setup
then select that port and try again, 

If this doesnt help then do a complete uninstall and reinstall and try again. 

HP Recommended

Removed the printer from WSD port and moved to a TCP/IP port , rebooted, but as you can see nothing changed,

regards Tommaso

tmmsgrll_0-1589825703768.png

tmmsgrll_1-1589825759232.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try a complete uninstall, then install the software with admin rights and then try again.

in the mean while i'll check with the engineering team if they can suggest anything.

HP Recommended

hi, i  uninstalled the printer, reinstalled as administrator using OJ3830_basic64_1119, same problem.

Uninstalled again, reinstalled using HPEasystart _4_5_2942_27. Accepted all optional software, the  software installed by HPeasystart was OJ3830_full_webpack_1119exe. Same problem : I don't have the option to print color.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did some research online and found that for some adding the TCP/ip port has worked.

So please try these steps one last time

go to devices and printers and delete the HP printer icon.

Now, click on Add printer, it will search for available printer’s, but you must select "my printer is not listed". You must manually add the printer over the TCP/IP option.
Select "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname", click next.
Under the Device Type select "TCP/IP Device".
Enter the IP address of the printer.
Please make sure you have "checked" the "Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use" option and then click
Next.

Follow the on-screen instructions to add the printer with the recommended driver and try printing.

Please try this steps as this has worked for some customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.