Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP Officejet 9020 and after paying a lot more money than my old HP printer 2600 series to my horror it wont print card stock. 

I have read similar posts and cant find any pre select options for paper type relating to card. I have tried all the related selections for paper that may relate to card stock to no avail. 

I just get a paper jam message and black runner marks on the reverse side of the card but no print. 

My old HP 2600 series prints this card stock fine, why wont the 9020 do the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JEWELS77

Welcome to the HP support community.

This printer support printing on cards.

Refer paper handling specifications in this HP document:- Click here

If you are not finding option to print on cards, you can create a custom paper size.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JEWELS77

Welcome to the HP support community.

This printer support printing on cards.

Refer paper handling specifications in this HP document:- Click here

If you are not finding option to print on cards, you can create a custom paper size.

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. It seems that the officejet 9020 only prints cardstock up to 200gsm. Now that you've replied I have my answer 

HP Recommended

@JEWELS77

Good to know that your query is answered.

Feel free to contact us in the future of you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.