Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 7740

how do i get my printer to print when i have an ink cartridge low?  it's the yellow ink and i NEED to print something asap in black and white!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Your printer is designed to print only when all ink cartridges have ink. Some ink from all the ink cartridges is used in periodic servicing tasks. This helps to prevent issues such as printhead clogs and poor print quality. There is no way to bypass this feature and any empty cartridge must be replaced:

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That is the STUPIDEST thing i have ever heard of!!  i should be able to take all the color cartridges out and still print black and white!  I need this printed immediately and i cant because of this worthless printer now until i leave the office, go to the store and buy a yellow ink cartridge?  then as soon as i put the yellow in, it'll run through it's tests and the magenta will be too low to continue, then I'll add the magenta, then the blue will be too low..  then i add the blue and now after all the run through tests, the yellow will be out again!!  ask me how I know.  the two other colors are at 50% and i guarantee by the time i put the new yellow in, they will need to be replaced!  i will never own another HP printer again after this garbage and i will give every review page i see from now on my feedback.

HP Recommended

@jdhusqy92,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.