Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Printer says out of paper, but paper is loaded!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It may be cause the paper roll issue.

Did the paper roll into the device? You can try to load the paper again.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

It may be cause the paper roll issue.

Did the paper roll into the device? You can try to load the paper again.

HP Recommended

Yes, I did not install the "automatic 2-sided duplex accessory" because I thought it was optional. Once I installed that everything worked fine

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but automatic duplex is connected.  Strangely, I can make copies and it recognizes paper in the tray but all print jobs are met with error to load paper...

- confused and frusturated

HP Recommended

@PC_user, I would suggest installing an alternate driver such as the desk jet 990c driver. This driver will bypass the sensors in the printer. 

You can follow this thread Shane made to install the driver.

HP Recommended

Paper is loaded and the roller is working, however the paper jams when printing and copying and displays an out of paper message.  I load paper and the same issue continues to happen.

Please help!

HP Recommended

Hi Wilonda,

Is the Model # for your printer N911 a, g or n ?

I am linking you to a troubleshooting document for the Out of Paper error message.  Click Here  Does this help?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I have a brand new 8600 Premium. It will print a few print jobs and then hang. Sometimes I get the load paper message when there is paper in the tray. Sometimes I have to turn it off and on, at which point it will then print a few pages of babble and or streaked pages. VERY FRUSTRATING

HP Recommended

Followed all the instructions in the video (cleaning the rollers, resetting the printer), still no luck. Am continuing to get the 'out of paper' message and no prints.

Printer was originally set up for wireless printing but have had to switch to direct connection while router is out of service. I added the un-networked printer and got a message that the new drivers had been installed. But, since I can't get the printer to pick paper to make a copy either, I don't think it's that. 

Next? HP wants to charge me for phone support since I've been out of warranty for 6 months. 

HP Recommended

But what a pain to fix.  Couldn't find anyplace to grab  the paper.   Finally dug it out wih needlenose pliers.

Who designs these things?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.