Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Ipad
iOS

hp  envy 6230printer

When loaded with 4x6 photo paper display states it is 5x7 in paper tray

Have switched off and unplugged no help

Please help new printer 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Check the paper size in the app settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Thought printer would automatically sense when paper of different sizes was put in paper tray.

Does this mean when you change paper size you have to manually have to input new size in settings ?

HP Recommended

From what I am seeing in the app there are 3 paper size listed, is 4x6 listed in your app settings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your time..4*6 is in paper tray list...but do you have to manually set it...as the printer seems to revert back to 5*7 after usage ....thanks

HP Recommended

Configure the small, medium, and large paper you use the most for printing.

Once set, the printer should automatically detect which of these three sizes is loaded in the tray.

HP Recommended

How do you configure,  if you cannot explain could you point me to a Web page that explains,,,,thank you.

HP Recommended

The only info that I can find is here.

See step # 3.

HP Recommended

Thanks for help...will look at link.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.