Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

We've just set up our officejet pro 9010 and I have attempted to print a photo using the correct paper and settings and the quality is terrible. Is this standard for this printer? I've gone through all the trouble shooting I can and don't think it's a settings/user issue but am happy to be proven wrong if anyone can shed some light

Photo is grainy, slightly burred

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@quickie87, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would need a few details:

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Do you have issues printing regular documents?
  • Did you try making copies on the photo paper?
  • Are you using the HP Smart App on your computer to print?

Meanwhile, ensure the printer firmware is updated. HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My wife is ready to throw this printer out the window.  She puts in photo paper and hits the photo button and the pictures come out like crap.  It would seem that with a good photo and photo paper, pressing the photo button should give you a nice good copy.  What is wrong with this picture.  I should not have to make numerous adjustments to get a clean picture.  My last printer was simple.  

HP Recommended

@Storming1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you with this, let us know the Printer you have, the Operating System on the device from where you're trying to print.

Does this happen only while printing photos or all documents? What is the size and type of paper being used here?

Keep us posted 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.