Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office-jet Pro 6968
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am designing my insert page for my notebook that I need print 2 pages on 1 letter-size page and it would be nice if it is borderless. So I created a PDF with size 5.5 X 8.5 inch, which is half of letter size. But when I tried to print 2 on 1 on letter page, my 2 pages get shrunk and there is always a big margin surrounding no matter how I adjusted my page size.

What wrong could it be? Is it a bug of HP printer?

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 2.37.23 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ElginMills I looked into the product specification and I see that the printer supports 5.5 x 8.5 only on the Input tray, so make sure you are using the right tray, that said, here's more about adjusting margins on your printer:

For details on printing custom size borderless prints, check the steps under Create custom paper sizes on a Mac: click here for details (explore both options under it)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher, thanks for replying. I setup margin as suggested, but It doesn't work.

Just to clarify, I do want to print on letter size page, however with my 2 pages of half-letter size (as designed) PDF. The result comes out a very big unwanted margin. I uploaded the PDF file  here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIIg5JUyV7hvbXkqOugSg6oJlOzFOKgo/view?usp=sharing 

Can you try to print both page in this PDF on ONE letter size page? 

HP Recommended

@ElginMills

Thank you for the response. As you are using Adobe Reader to print the PDF files, let us try these steps:

Open the document you want to print > click the printer icon to open the print menu

Set Pages to Print = All  

Under Page Sizing & Handling Select Multiple

Select Pages per sheet = 2

Page Order = Horizontal

Orientation = Portrait

Select Auto-rotate pages within each sheet

If you want a border around the content, Select Print page border

If you want duplex printing, Select Print on both sides of paper

If duplex is selected, Select "Flip on short edge" (for right-left reading as in English / American)

Click / Open Page Setup at the bottom

Select Paper Size = A4

Select Source (Tray 1 or appropriate for your printer / setup)

Click OK to set paper size and exit that menu

Click print once the settings are made as required.

Print_PDF_2sheets-per-page_1.JPG

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307,   A4 does not have problem when printing 2 pages on 1 sheet, the problem is Letter size page having too big and wide border.

HP Recommended

@ElginMills

Try printing using Custom Size and let me know if that helps

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03890386

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

No it does not work 😂

HP Recommended

@ElginMills

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.