Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a Office Jet Pro 6978.  I am receiving an error message: Print head problem.  The error message is Oxc19a0014.  Does anyone know what this means, and/or how do I fix?  This printer is 4 months old, and only had 30 day warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This link describes your error.

Did you buy this printer used?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This link describes your error.

Did you buy this printer used?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, the link did not help.  I had already found the link earlier and tried it, but tried it one more time after seeing your post.  No, this was not used.  I purchased it new from Office Depot May 28, so its a little over 4 months old, and since HP only stands behind their equipment for 30 days, I guess, once again, I am just out of luck.  The life span of the HP printers is getting shorter and shorter.  My last HP printer died from the same agonizing death by printer head, but at least it lived almost a year.   So much for brand loyalty...

HP Recommended

HP has a one year warranty, you can click on this link to check yours.

HP Recommended

This was the link I used that told my printer warranty had expired!

I went back again and entered all of the information in the form to give them the information that proves when I purchased this equipment.  When I hit send, it came back with a message that said the site was not working, and to try again later.  

I will try again.

HP Recommended

I have tried 5 times over the last two days to process my warranty dispute.  Every time I complete the form and submit it, I receive a message that "HP Customer Support Site is Temporarily Unavailable."   It's a rather tedious form, and cannot be saved, so it needs to be started all over again each time.  There is a number where you can print it and fax the form and proof of purchase, but, oh wait, I don't have a working printer.

The portion of the Customer Support site that checks the warranty validity works fine, but still tells me my printer is out of warranty, and when I complete the dispute page is becomes unavailable.

You would think that a company like HP could find someone that could get this support page up and working, wouldn't you?  Is it just me, or does anyone else think its pretty convenient that HP would show a 4 month old printer out of warranty, then have the page to dispute it unavailable?

HP Recommended

@Genaddict

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.