Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Just purchased the Envy 4520 and it prints okay but I can't scan. The message I get is there is no computer associated with it.  I have the CD and that's not helping. I downloaded the various options for help, didn't get any.  I'm ready to pack it up and send it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BevSpra

Excellent news!

If you are lucky, when the tech closes the case (and perhaps sends you a final email on the subject); he will have included documentation on the fix so you have it for later reference.

If you still have the tech's contact information, you might request this kind of closure -- ie., ask for an email with the essential "this is how we fixed the problem" synopsis.

Always good to have the "Doctor's notes" as it were.  Smiling.

Happy Printing!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BevSpra

@BevSpra wrote:

Just purchased the Envy 4520 and it prints okay but I can't scan. The message I get is there is no computer associated with it.  I have the CD and that's not helping. I downloaded the various options for help, didn't get any.  I'm ready to pack it up and send it back.

I have not heard of this particular error; you may have to dig at this a bit to find the solution.

Preparation

The printer software does support Vista; the CD (that came with the printer?) may not have the latest software.  Please download drivers and software from your Printer's Driver Page

Reminder:  

Please install and configure the Full Feature Software before you consider updating the Firmware.

Try / Consider

Assuming you have downloaded, installed, and configured the Full Feature Software (printer program), ensure "Scan to computer" is enabled in the printer software.

• Scan to Computer – Enable

Video: Enable "Scan to Computer" on your HP Printer

Printer Assistant (shortcut icon on Desktop named for printer) >

Tab Print, Scan, & Fax > Manage Scan to Computer > Enable

Scan_Properties_2A.jpg

More Help:

From the  How-to document list:

How to Scan from the Computer (Windows)

Scanning From the Control Panel (Email, JPEG, PDF)

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I got hold of a tech at HP, who very patiently solved my problem.  It was certainly beyond the scope of my abilities computer-wise.  I think we were on the phone for over 2 hours.  It is now scanning. Thank you for your suggestions. 

HP Recommended

@BevSpra

Excellent news!

If you are lucky, when the tech closes the case (and perhaps sends you a final email on the subject); he will have included documentation on the fix so you have it for later reference.

If you still have the tech's contact information, you might request this kind of closure -- ie., ask for an email with the essential "this is how we fixed the problem" synopsis.

Always good to have the "Doctor's notes" as it were.  Smiling.

Happy Printing!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

i am using an acer chrome computer

HP Recommended

error says no computer associated with it but it prints from my acer chrome PC but scan is not reconized/ set up

HP Recommended

Im not able to scan it keeps saying no computer connected?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.