12-10-2019 12:42 PM
I am trying to connect wirelessly my HP Envy 4502 printer to my new Lenovo computer. Computer can't find printer.
12-12-2019 01:39 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Are you getting any error message while connecting?
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
12-13-2019 08:11 AM
I followed the steps and everything proceeded ask requested until the window asking to set the printer as the default printer. I clicked on Yes and nothing happened. I went through the steps again and same result. I should say that with my previous computer and this printer (that printed well until recently), I would hit print and nothing would happen until the print job would finally print seemingly out of nowhere, as much as 2-3 hours later! So there were issues with the printer before trying it with my new computer.
12-13-2019 06:47 PM
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several other.
I am an HP Employee