Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Deskjet 1510 has stopped working. Everything is connected, and there are no error messages at all. There are no flashing lights, and everything appears as normal EXCEPT once the command to PRINT is clicked, nothing happens. Serial # [edited]

The warranty expired in 2014, but I have never had a probem with it until now.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KBRKE57

Welcome to HP support community.

Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer hardware and connection issues.

Uninstall the HP driver and software

1. If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the USB cable from the printer, and then disconnect the cable from the computer.

NOTE: 

If you are asked to remove shared files, click No. Other programs that use these files might not work if you delete the files.

2. Right-click the Start button  in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type Devices and Printers.

3. Click Devices and Printers.

4. Right-click the icon for your printer, and then click Remove Device. The computer uninstalls the printer software.

Rename the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file

1. Right-click the Start button  or the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type %windir%.

2. Double-click the System 32 folder, double-click the Spool folder, and then double-click the Drivers folder.

3. Double-click the x64 folder or the w32x86 folder, depending on your operating system, and then double-click the 3 folder.

4. Right-click the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file, and then click Rename.

5. Delete the DLL suffix, type OLD in its place, and then press Enter. The file name now displays as HPBXPSRENDER.OLD.

6. When the "If you change the file name extension, the file might become unstable. Are you sure you want to change it?" message displays, click Yes.

Download and install the print driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.