07-22-2019 08:17 AM
I have an office jet 6950; the printer panel says it is connected but the desktop says it is not
07-24-2019 02:31 PM
@nelgo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
- The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
To check the connectivity, Perform a PING test
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss. Share the results.
keep me posted for further assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee