Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Desk.jet 2540
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Basically what happened is that my printer keeps printing documents that have already been printed. (previous completed printed documents)
I hit the Xmas button to stop the previous document.

I am currently using my phone but I also have windows 10 on my laptop if that makes it easier.

I would just like it to stop printing a 10 page document every time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Canadaboi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to stop the same print job from printing on your HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like there is a print job stuck in the print queue. Depending on where you printed the original document from, you will need to clear the job out of the queue.

To clear the print queue on your Android phone, try these steps.

• Go to the App Manager, select Print Spooler, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.

To clean the print queue on the computer, follow this guide:

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Canadaboi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to stop the same print job from printing on your HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like there is a print job stuck in the print queue. Depending on where you printed the original document from, you will need to clear the job out of the queue.

To clear the print queue on your Android phone, try these steps.

• Go to the App Manager, select Print Spooler, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.

To clean the print queue on the computer, follow this guide:

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.