Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet d2430
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've installed HP solution center. My scanner shows up but the printer doesn't so I can't align cartridges or print test pages.

How do I get the printer on the solution center

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @eclife🙂

I saw your post about how you're unable to run an alignment or print test pages from the Solution Center, and I wanted to stop in to share my own suggestions.

Try downloading and installing the full feature software and driver and try again: HP Deskjet D1400/D2400/D4200 Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

Some links to help:

Aligning Ink Cartridges

User Manual

If you have any other issues, let me know.

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!

Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @eclife🙂

I saw your post about how you're unable to run an alignment or print test pages from the Solution Center, and I wanted to stop in to share my own suggestions.

Try downloading and installing the full feature software and driver and try again: HP Deskjet D1400/D2400/D4200 Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

Some links to help:

Aligning Ink Cartridges

User Manual

If you have any other issues, let me know.

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!

Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.