Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Says it was not turned off correctly and then I get a message that there is a paper jam.  No paper jam and nothing will print.  I have unplugged it several times and followed instructions I've seen here but nothing is working.  I see that the problem is shared on here a lot so it must be HP.  Please give a phone number to get this fixed at your expense.  I've wasted too much time already.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@demotjo1 Welcome to HP Community!
Here's what I suggest you do, try the steps below to identify and resolve the issue:

Step 1: Check the error

In addition to the alphanumeric code, look for an error message that describes the problem.

NOTE: 

Not all alphanumeric codes begin with 0x; some begin with B or C.

• If the message contains a description and an alphanumeric error code, the steps in this document do not apply. Search HP Customer Support for a troubleshooting document that matches the description you see.

Example of an error message with additional text that describes the problem

• If the message contains only the error code, continue to the next step.

Example of an error code without a description

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

however, if you wish to contact phone support instead as you've requested for it:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It has an error message in addition to the alphanumeric code

HP Recommended

@demotjo1

Can you send us a picture of the error? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1FDEB620-D6CD-4FA9-A0E4-0AFE8A79362D.jpeg

HP Recommended

I have turned off and on repeatedly, as well as unplugging it repeatedly and it hasn’t worked. 

HP Recommended

@demotjo1

Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.