Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office jet pro 6978

Thi error just started, there is no papaer jam,  and i cant access the cartidges to try to clean or replace them. Tried mulitple power off on. Can anyone hlep?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Larryo1

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Follow this document which will provide you step by step instructions. By the end of the document I'm sure the issue would be resolved. 🙂  

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm getting the above error message on my pro 6978. The solution listed has nothing to do with this error code. It will not expose the ink cartridges for access. There is no paper jam. What to do?

HP Recommended

@BobbyMo

Try this.

Ink buildup or debris on the ink cartridge contacts and vents might cause an ink cartridge error.

1. Gather the following materials:

• A pin to clean any clogged vents

• A clean, lint-free cloth

• A clean, dry cotton swab

• Distilled or bottled water

CAUTION: 

Do not use tap water because it might contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.

2. Turn on the printer.

3. Open the ink cartridge access door.

4. To remove the ink cartridge, press the tab on the front of the ink cartridge to release it, and then remove it.

Figure : Example of removing an ink cartridge from the printhead

Example of removing an ink cartridge from the printhead
  5. Place the ink cartridges on a clean piece of paper with the ink opening pointing up.

CAUTION: 

Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the ink cartridges.

6. If an orange tab is attached to any ink cartridge, remove it.

Figure : Example of the orange tab

Example of the orange tab
  7. Examine the vent area located on top of the ink cartridge, next to the HP logo.

Figure : Example of the vent area

Example of the vent area
  8. If any of the ink cartridges have clogged vents, use a pin to clean the vents.

Figure : Example of a clogged vent

Example of a clogged vent

Figure : Example of a clean vent

Example of a clean vent
  9. Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris on the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge.

Figure : Example of the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge

Example of the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge
  10. Carefully reinsert one of the ink cartridges into its slot, and then push the ink cartridge down and forward until it snaps into place.

Make sure each colored dot on the ink cartridge label matches the colored dot on the carriage.

Figure : Reinserting the ink cartridge into the correct slot

Example of sliding the ink cartridge into the correct slot

Figure : Example of snapping the ink cartridge into place

Example of snapping the ink cartridge into place
  11. Run your finger along the top of the ink cartridges to make sure none of them protrude.

If any ink cartridges protrude, press down firmly until each ink cartridge snaps into place.

12. Close the ink cartridge access door.

13. Check the printer control panel display for the error message.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this code and need assistance please

HP Recommended

Hi @Kgoerl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "0x.." error.

Please try these steps - HP Inkjet Printers - '0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Code Displays

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After I loaded three new color cartridges due to being out of colored ink, the above failure code showed up.  I then needed to turn the printer off by the on/off switch which then the printer stated I turned it off wrong with a warning.  Then it stated there is a paper jam - which there was not.  This proceeded several times - after which I also just unplugged the printer still no improvements.

HP Recommended

@CKH62, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document  '0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Code Displays and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.