Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell Inspiron
Microsoft Windows XP

I guess I'm just an idiot, but, my printer is printing only Black.  There is plenty of ink in all cartridges.  Is there someplace I should be changing to color for the wireless envy5540 All-kin-one printer.  I'm thinking there must be a control somewhere that needs to be changed to color, but I'm not finding it.  It used to work fine and then needless to say my grandkids got on it and now I'm not sure where to go.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Take a look at step #4 in this link then print quality report, do you see any colors on the report?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Message says:  there was an unexpected problem while printing.  This came up when I went to file, then print

HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the HP software.

Also try step #7 in the link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.