Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5541
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer makes noise takes to long to start printing photos 4x6 plus paper jams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Pepsi2017,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing multiple issues with your Envy 5541 printer. Happy to help.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you using genuine ink from HP?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or wireless)

Recommend you to connect the printer to your computer using USB and download the firmware update from www.hp.com/drivers of your printer and install it. 

If your printer is connected using a surge protector, request you disconnect the surge protector and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet. 

Check the printer settings for the correct paper type and size. 

If the photo paper still jams on your printer, recommend you to try a different brand of photo paper. 

Please refer to the paper-handling specifications of your printer and make sure you use a photo paper that is supported by your printer. Click here for the printer specifications. 

For the printer manual, click here

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Pepsi2017,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing multiple issues with your Envy 5541 printer. Happy to help.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you using genuine ink from HP?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or wireless)

Recommend you to connect the printer to your computer using USB and download the firmware update from www.hp.com/drivers of your printer and install it. 

If your printer is connected using a surge protector, request you disconnect the surge protector and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet. 

Check the printer settings for the correct paper type and size. 

If the photo paper still jams on your printer, recommend you to try a different brand of photo paper. 

Please refer to the paper-handling specifications of your printer and make sure you use a photo paper that is supported by your printer. Click here for the printer specifications. 

For the printer manual, click here

Keep me posted. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi I do use genius I use instant ink
HP Recommended
Why is it hard put photo paper in 6x4 tray thanks Jackie
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

Found this article which has step by step instructions on assembling your printer. Hope it helps.

Also, try HP ENVY 5540, DeskJet 5570 Printers - Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Cards

Let me know if this helped. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.