02-22-2019 04:24 PM
i changed ink cartridges with official HP ink cartridges and now have a message that they can't be used until registered in HP instant ink. I don't want to register for instant ink, but i would like to print
02-23-2019 07:45 AM
1) Were you enrolled in the Instant Ink plan? If yes, have you replaced both all the Instant Ink cartridges with the regular ones?
2) Can you send us a picture of the ink that you are trying to install?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
1) Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent.
3) With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 60 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Let me know.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
02-25-2019 05:50 PM
It sounds like you bough HP Instant Ink cartridges and they will only work if your printer is enrolled in the Instant Ink service.
If you are not enrolled then you shoud return the cartridges from whomever you bought them from as they sold you the wrong cartridges for your printer.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution