Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m Printer

Printer will not load paper with same paper used recently when it did load properly. All rollers have been cleaned twice and I also did resets. There will be a slight whiring, etc noise as if the rollers are rubbing on the paper but no paper is picked up and processed thru. A message comes up on the printer screen that says  "out of paper" and then "load paper into main tray". Im no computer geek so am at a loss on this-is it a fixable problem or do I start looking for a new printer? Thanks for any info! Steve

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@STEVE_M2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that that the printer is not picking up the paper.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you facing this issue with a specific type of paper?

Are you able to make a copy?

What type of paper you are using?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 
  2. Remove USB cable, if present. 
  3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge. 
  4. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer. 
  5. Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info-I followed your instructions but I still get the printer screen saying "out of paper" and also "load paper into main tray"!  the two loading rollars only pull the paper in about an inch (sometimes nothing) and then sometimes if I push OK it will take the paper all the way and print but other times it won't.  Have also tried different letter size paper to no avail!! Tray has about 15 sheets when doing these tests. Appreciate any additional insight as I'm baffled!!!

HP Recommended

@STEVE_M2,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-plus-all-in-one-printer-series-b209/3777155/model...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.