2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer problems

hp envy110 series
macOS 10.12 Sierra

error says carriage stall. remove paper jamb but ive checked and there isnt  a jamb .   turned off and bk on with no luck. carriage moves freely by hand.

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
30,366 25,914 2,373 7,961
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer problems

If the first six troubleshooting steps in the document here do not resolve the carriage jam it may help to clean the encoder strip as shown in the post here.  The encoder strip is fragile, please read and heed the warnings.  Only use water to clean the strip, not alcohol or any other solvents as the fine lines printed on the strip are needed for proper operation of the printer.  Be gentle!

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
sigtk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer problems

Thanks for sharing the decoder strip fix but printer started working before I got your post. Not going to clean strip unless I have the problem again.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
30,366 25,914 2,373 7,961
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

printer problems

I am glad your issue is resolved for now.  In the future, if the issue returns do the first six troubleshooting steps in the document here before considering more invasive measures.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation