Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The documents I want to print are black and white only. I put in a new black ink cartridge and printer says all of my cartridges are depleted.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@EastHavenCobra,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to print black and white, however, the printer says color cartridges are empty.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that there needs to little ink in all the cartridges even to print black and white. You need to replace the depleted color cartridges to print black and white.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How can that be true when your online troubleshooting section does not suggest that. Your phone and Facebook technicians also do not suggest that. I already spent half the day doing troubleshooting to get nowhere. I've decided to give away the printer and warn others online never to buy HP scam printers.  Nothing but garbage to suck your wallet dry.

HP Recommended

@EastHavenCobra,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The warranty is up(of course) and your technician said it's broken. 330 dollars down the drain.

HP Recommended

HP Series 26336.

HATE HATE HATE this [edit] printer. NEVER EVER had so much trouble with a printer in all the years ive been using a printer.

doesnt stay connected. wont print notes doc.

my word program disappeared and i wont pay a yearly rental for the privilege of having it.

HP Recommended

Hi @1fly-by-night

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Printer will not stay connected" issue. 

Is your printer connected to a home network or public network?

What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?

What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?I

Is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.