Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Whenever I try to boot it up, the touch screen just shows the HP logo while the status bar on the bottom continuously scrolls. It would not past that screen. Iafter soem time error message D45C5B04 is displayed on a blue screen

tried to reset by unplugging, waining etc. no change

changed from WiFI to LAN just to avoid any connectivity issues, pronter showns up at it's IP adress but no change

Printer has run previously without any interrupted or newly installed software or firmware.

Just switched it off in the envening normally and now have issues .

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @hokewe

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Let's try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges.

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Wait for 30 seconds. 

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita,

as already posted, I am beyond those basic steps already. Tried that and it did not work or changed anything. So finally I contacted local helpdesky and with their support estabished that there is a issue with the printer itself. As it is less than  2 months  old it will be replaced. At this moment I am waiting for info when printer arrives.

So solved as far as i am concerned. Unfortunately we still do not know what the error message really means and how to repair instead of replace - what happens after warranty periode is over?

BTW. the printer head was not free to move so I would have had to force it to get to a position at which to remove the ink cartridge without damage. Hence I did not try that. And as the printer seemingly was stuck in the startup phase and I could not get it to connect to HP Smart, I did not try firmware update - your colleague at HP help desk also advised against trying to update in that condition.

Hokewe

HP Recommended

@hokewe

You need to connect a USB cable from the printer to your Mac in order to update the firmware. 

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a semi-full reset. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Thanks for looking into it, but as already mentioned, the printer will be replaced as being defective. For that reason I will not proceed but wait for the new printer to arrive.

Hokewe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.