Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,489
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jderwin

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I read that your HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer is unable to make a photo copy. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Is the printer able to print from the computer?
  • Does the scanning work fine?
  • Did any changes take place on the printer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please try to make a copy. You may place a document of the glass bed and close the lid. Observe if the scanner bulb beneath the glass bed glows and moves or not. If the scanner bulb does not glow or does not move then it indicates towards a hardware defect. In such a case you may contact our HP phone support team to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation