08-07-2017 10:44 AM
Can't the door to open to change ink cartridges on my brand new printer
08-09-2017 03:17 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding replacing cartridges as the access door does not open. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you check the printer’s user guide on how to replace cartridges?
For a start please perform these steps:
Please perform a hard reset by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Then please check this user guide link: http://hp.care/2hM1Vuc on how to replace ink cartridges. Please check pages. Please don’t force the access door open. If it is stuck or jammed, please contact HP phone support and they will assist you in this regard.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty
If the printer is brand new and you have issues with opening the access door of the cartridge you could contact the local store to return it for an exchange if it is within the Store’s return window.
If you purchased the printer directly from HP, then you could visit this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b to contact HP shopping to return the printer for an exchange within a 30-day return window.
Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. You might even get a phone number to call.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee