Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
iOS

My home printer (HP Officejet 6700 Premium) will not automatically "wake up" when trying to print from my iPad (iOS 12.4.4). It connects and prints with out a problem if I walk over to the printer and manually wake it up. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps that I can find and this continues to happen. The printer is on but it is asleep. The longest I can set it to stay awake is 15 min so I don't have the option to leave it on/awake.  Apple support was not able to assist and directed me to HP. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PBrewer, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be a connectivity issue. Let us try to isolate the issue first. Here is what you can do-

• Could you perform a ping test when the printer is idle using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results? Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.
  • Have you tried printing from other devices apart from your iPad?

Meanwhile, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.